_

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Quick Update

Dearest friends and family,


Thanks so much for all of your kind thoughts and prayers as I’ve made my way to England. I still can’t believe I’m here! This morning I was walking on the base and it hit me….I’m in England! We’ve spent most of our time on the base, so it kind of feels like a whole other world. There are people from all over living on the base. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be around so many different cultures.



My time here has been very good, but very hard. I’m still catching up with the time change and I think the adrenaline is starting to wear off. I’ve been in a daze. I’ve had trouble sleeping at night…..after jam-packed days, I lay down in my bed and there are so many things on my mind! I’ve had trouble quieting down my mind to rest. Please pray that I could begin to get into a regular sleeping schedule.



The base is beautiful and the people are so great. It’s amazing to see and hear about all of the different ministries going on here. There are LOTS of children who live on the base too, which I am very excited about. I hope I can make some new little friends :) The family atmosphere makes it very homey, and I’m excited to get a little more comfortable here and be able to call this place my home :)

We started class on Monday. We’ve been doing mostly orientation stuff, but today we had our first real “lesson.” It was awesome! We learned a little bit about the society in which Jesus grew up. I’ve always wanted to learn more about the history and background of biblical times, so I’m so excited to study it more. It really gives a whole new understanding to the scriptures. I know I’m going to learn so much here.



Things are about to get a little bit crazy. From Sunday through Tuesday our base is hosting the YWAM 50th year celebration for all of Western Europe. There could be up to 500 people here. Us girls have been crammed in rooms, with mattresses on the floors, climbing over suitcases, etc. in order to make room for all of the guests who will be here. Thank goodness for 5 years at Trinity! I'm used to living in community :) After the celebration, we will be moving into different rooms and will have more space. So, I haven’t been able to unpack anything yet. I’m excited for the conference (the founders of YWAM, Loren and Darlene Cunningham are speaking) and I’m excited for it to be over so I can finally get settled in :)

I hope you all are well!



It’s going to be so strange being away for 6 months, but the Lord’s been showing me that I just need to take each day one-at-a-time and He is going to provide. Thanks again for praying for me! I can tell that you are. God is good!

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for that sleep schedule - I know what a difference that can make with a person's outlook. And, I love that there are families there - with kids - =) I look forward to hearing about when you can really set up your own "home" on campus. Take care, sweet Darcy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Steph! I really appreciate your prayers! It means so much to me to have all of my friends and family's support. I am so blessed!

    I hope you are doing well and are enjoying your free time now that your kids are back to school :)

    ReplyDelete