_

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Life's Seasons

Today as I drove away for the last time from the Trinity House, my home for 5 years, I was thinking about how I felt the day I drove up to the house as a young and scared freshman. I remember being completely overwhelmed, filled with anxiety and wishing I could drive back home to Salem. Today as I drove back home to Salem, I again was overwhelmed, but this time overwhelmed by the amazing grace of God and thankful for how He has done a work in my life over the past 5 years. It truly is a miracle to think about who I was before I entered college, and who I've become through the experiences the Lord gave me at the Trinity House.

I thought about how God orchestrates seasons in our lives. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." I am so very sad to leave Trinity. I leave with sooooo many amazing memories--the best of my life so far--but I know that I need to move on. I recognize that I became comfortable at Trinity. It took a long time, but this past year I finally felt like the Lord was saying, "it's time for something different." He likes to challenge me, and He began placing on my heart a new opportunity to be stretched out of my comfort zone. So now I find myself in a time of transition, moving on from my college experience and heading toward a new adventure.

YWAM is just around the corner and I look forward to the opportunities that await me in England. I'm sure I will get on that plane, and again feel scared and overwhelmed, like I did when I started my journey as a college student. But I look forward to the day I get off that plane, coming home from this experience, and again being able to testify about God's amazing grace and how He worked in me!

Thank you SO much for your prayers and support. I've already been so blessed financially. God provides! I can't thank you enough for partnering with me.

Many people have been asking for my address in England. Here it is:

Highfield Oval
Ambrose Lane
Harpenden
Herts
AL5 4BX

Wrapping up my time in Eugene was sad, but it was great to spend my last week with great friends. I wanted to share some photos of what I did in Eugene this summer. I had several babysitting jobs, a tutoring job, and I worked for the Eugene School District in a Special Education Summer School Program. Not to mention I was in two weddings!


I got to spend the past year babysitting for this family. It was hard to say goodbye!

Emily and I were buddies :)

This is another family I babysat for. I mostly watched the baby boy. He was such a sweetie.



I tutored these siblings. They are from Korea. Esther, the girl, goes to Edison Elementary where I worked this year.

I was a bridesmaid in my friend Laurel's wedding. It was so much fun! I met her at Trinity two years ago.

I was the Maid of Honor in my friend Tiffany's wedding. I met her my freshman year at Trinity. She is special to me :)

My beautiful friends had a "Goodbye Eugene" party for me. I am blessed :)


For the rest of the summer, I will be working for the Oregon State Fair in the Art Department like I've done the last couple of summers. I'm looking forward to my time at home before I take off for my big adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment