_

Saturday, September 18, 2010

London

I went to London today! After two days of working hard preparing for the YWAM 50th Celebration, we took the day off and traveled by train to London. It was only about a 25-minute train ride, and then another 15 minutes on the Underground to get into the city. It was amazing but went by so fast—will definitely have to take a few more trips there.

It was very crowded! We happened to be there on the same day that the Pope was there. We saw people marching and singing and saw lots of cameras and extra security. I also saw that it is “Fashion Week” in London. Lots going on there! I really enjoyed the trip, but it made me wish that I knew more about the history. There are so many old buildings and wonderful sights…I’m sure they would mean so much more if I knew some of the background information. So if anyone has any interesting facts about London and the sights to see, please share!


I can’t believe I’ve already been here for a week. Time has been going by so fast! The Lord is teaching me so much already. It’s been fun. It definitely hasn’t been easy. It’s going to be an experience I’ll never forget. It’s been interesting to talk to different people on the base and hear their experiences with YWAM. Its so crazy how so many people say they only intended to be with YWAM for 6 months for their DTS, and now they’ve been with the organization for many years! I keep thinking, “oh that’s not going to happen to me!” But I’m trying to trust the Lord for my future and not limit Him and His plans.


I’m excited for the 50th Celebration, which starts tomorrow and goes through Tuesday. It’s going to be great to hear about YWAM in the past, what they are doing now, and where they feel God is leading them for the future. I feel privileged to be a part of this time and to hear from the YWAM founders (Loren and Darlene Cunningham).

I just can’t thank you enough for your prayers! I am so thankful to the Lord for the amazing friends and family He has given me. I feel so loved and supported, even from so far away.



Waiting for the train to London. Martina (from Holland), Carolina (from Ecuador), Steph (from Malaysia), In-kyung (from Korea), and Me.



The London Eye!



Classic London Telephone Booth

3 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome Darcy! I love the picture of you in front of the telephone booth! Perfectly adorable- I'm so happy for you- have fun, girl! <3 betsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darcy,
    Just got with the program and up to date on your blog. I'm very proud of you and can see the growth reflected in your words. Keep going and have fun! I'll be with you and following along in prayer and spirit. Love, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. My experience of London occurred en route to Kenya when I had a 10 (or so) hour layover. I was so sleep-deprived at that point that the double decker tour I took seems like a hazy dream (and practically did at the time too). But, I have pictures to prove I was there!

    So happy for you and the experiences you are having....

    ReplyDelete