The celebration was great. It was amazing to see so many YWAMers coming together to celebrate what God has done and what He is going to do in the future. I felt like such a YWAM baby being surrounded by people who are invested in the ministry and have been for a long time. It was cool to think that everyone there started out where I am now, doing a DTS. I was inspired to be around so many people with a heart for God and a heart for missions. It made me excited to jump into my training here and to see what the Lord has in store for me.
In YWAM they really value hearing the voice of God. Loren Cunningham, the founder of YWAM, began the ministry after God gave him a vision of waves crashing into every corner of the world. The waves were young people, sharing the Gospel to every nation. During the celebration, it was so amazing to hear so many great stories of people who have heard God’s voice and have obeyed Him, and as a result, have experienced his goodness and faithfulness. He is doing awesome things through YWAMers all around the world. So inspiring!
Loren and Darlene (YWAM Founders)
Yesterday was a fun day. We moved rooms (finally!). I am now in my permanent room for the rest of the lecture phase of DTS. I am rooming with a girl named In-kyung who is from Korea. She is 21 years old. She is so sweet and I think we are going to get along great. She calls me her Harpenden mom :) She wrote me this postcard which says, “Hello, my lovely roommate Darcy. I’m so happy!!! Because you’re my roommate! And you’re my Harpenden Mommy! Our room is ssssoo clean and pretty. I love my room. Let we live happily everyday! God bless you everyday. I love you! From, Korean daughter.” It is so nice to finally be able to unpack and get settled in. I’m starting to feel a little bit at home here. I’m excited to meet more people here on the base. This evening after dinner I got to play with a little five-year-old girl. It was so nice to talk to a child! I’m realizing how much that was a part of my life at home and how much I miss it! I also have plans to go running with a girl here who runs everyday for about an hour. I hope to get back into that running routine, but we will see (don’t worry Kate, you can never be replaced)! It’s nice to make connections with people who live on the base but are not in my DTS. I’m totally enjoying the people in my DTS, but I also want to get to know the community :)
My note from my roommate :)
Me and In-kyung!
Pictures of friends and family :)
Last night we had a “Love Feast” to celebrate all of the hard work after the 50th. We were told to dress in black and white. It was fun to have all of the community together. After dinner, we had a dance party. It reminded me of home and all of the CCF/ Trinity dance parties!
I can’t believe tomorrow is already Friday! So far there are no plans for the weekend. I’m looking forward to just resting and hanging out. I also have homework to do! I haven’t done that in a year! But I can't complain about learning more about God for my homework :)
Carolina, me, and In-kyung. They both call me mom :) My multi-cultural family :) This was at the "Love Feast."
Stephanie, In-kyong, and me
SOOO Pretty there!!! I'm so excited for you to get settled and start your routine... I can't wait to hear all about all your adventures: Keep em coming!
ReplyDelete*today you are straight hair
*today I am straight hair too... we are twins across the ocean!
Love you Lots Darc!!!