Merry Christmas from Chile! I'm in my shorts and a t-shirt enjoying the sunny day! My Christmas has been wonderful. God is so amazing and He provides! Last night our family spent the evening with a family here on the YWAM base. We ate dinner together at 10pm then opened presents at midnight. It was fun to do something different and to experience traditions from another part of the world. I felt so blessed and so humbled by this family. They just moved to Pichilemu less than a year ago because they lost their business in Santiago. They are now working with YWAM, helping build houses for people after the earthquake. The evening was so filled with love and service and thankfulness for what God has done. It was so amazing. It felt like how Christmas is suppose to be. I hope that one day I can host someone for Christmas who is away from home and can bless them with the same hospitality I received this year.
This morning our team had a nice breakfast together, sharing our different family traditions and exchanging Christmas stockings. We plan to head to the beach this evening to worship and enjoy time together.
I miss my family so much but I am so thankful to be here. I know it is a Christmas I will never forget!
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!! I hope your day is filled with love and appreciation for all that God has given you :)
A Merry Christmas Darcy! It sounds like a wonderful experience! Lots of love and blessings!
ReplyDelete